1With Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 just around the corner, there are only a few things left to do. One thing that everyone must have is this handy dandy survival kit.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Water: Depending on where you are, you’re going to be waiting a while. As always, you’ll need to stay hydrated!
2. A snack: Like I said with water, you may be waiting a while. So something small like a granola bar to hold you over until you can get your hands on popcorn is perfect!
3. A light jacket: Because Movie theatres are cold.
4. A Harry Potter Tshirt, Jacket, or costume: Because you have to show your love for the boy who lived!
5. Something to occupy your time: If you’re waiting, you’ll at least want something to do. I suggest a card game, Harry Potter trivia or knitting!
6. Your best friend: I mean, SOMEONE has to be there to laugh, cry and witness the end with you. You can’t go through something this emotional by yourself!
7. Some extra cash: Snacks are a must. And maybe your local theatre will have a great deal
8. Tissues: Because you will cry. Yes, for those who haven’t read the books (losers) there are sad parts. Extraordinarily sad parts that will rip your heart to pieces, and bring tears to your eyes. And even then, if you’re like me, the mere fact that it is the final movie will cause your emotions to run haywire.
Prepare yourself for the emotional journey that is the final Harry Potter installment. For many people, myself included, there is a lot of sentimental value that we associate with Harry Potter. It feels as though you are saying goodbye to a good friend, to someone you’ve grown up with. And for most of us, it’s really too much to handle.